Re Perfectionist

Lucas Bleicher wrote:

>>Comparing JAE with other bass players of his era I found that, yes, he's
a perfectionist...

>You wrote:

>>Topped only by Chris Squire.

>Who is this guy?

Chris Squire is the very melodic bass player from the group Yes. Chris is
indeed a perfectionist. One of the reasons drummer Bill Bruford left the
band was because they would literally stand around discussing for hours
whether the next bass note should be F or F#. They were democratic and
perfectionistic to a fault. Chris has admitted being influenced heavily by
John's playing, but Chris to me is melodic for melodic's sake. He doesn't
carry the songs the way John does, if he is replaced with a quieter and
less busy player like on the Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe tour he is
not missed, (for the most part :). In the Who, John is too important to
maintaining the structure of the songs and would definitely be missed if he
was not playing with the group. Chris' style is distinctive, but is not as
important to the music as John is by far, IMO.

Eddie