Aussie tour dates 1968

A couple of weeks back I visited the National Library here in Canberra to look
up newspaper articles from the '68 tour. I'll be sending the info I gathered off
to Andy Neill who is looking at producing a book on the tour.

Anyway, for those that keep track of such things here is the confirmed
Australian itinerary for 'The Big Show' (The Who/Small Faces/Paul Jones/The
Questions):

Sat 20th Jan: Brisbane - Festival Hall (2 shows - 6:00pm & 8:45pm)
Mon 22nd Jan: Sydney - Sydney Stadium ( ditto )
Tue 23rd Jan: Sydney - Sydney Stadium ( ditto )
Thu 25th Jan: Melbourne - Festival Hall ( ditto )
Fri 26th Jan: Melbourne - Festival Hall ( ditto )
Sat 27th Jan: Adelaide - Centennial Hall ( ditto)

Note that this is as per Andy's "Who Downunder Fanzine" with the exception of
the Brisbane venue (which he lists as the Town Hall) and the introduction of the
concert times.

I did not look up the NZ papers as I believe Andy has pretty much got that side
of the tour nailed.

Anyway, there is a fair bit of interesting material in the articles I found
concerning the tour, the plane incident etc and I've also just received some
photocopied newsletters from the Australian Who fan club of the 60's and I hope
to post interesting tidbits as time allows.

Regards,
Denis.