Who FAQ

Hi all,

We seem to be in need of a Who FAQ so I would like to set one up and put it
on my web page. I would like to hear any suggestions that anybody might
have. As a start here are a few of the questions I receive quite frequently
along with answers (some of which need to be completed or expanded on more
fully).

Thanks for all your help.

Q. Where can I get the long version of "Magic Bus?"

A. It is available on the U.S. and U.K. "Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy" VINYL
LPs (Decca # and Track # ) as well as "The Who Collection Volume 2) CD (     #).

Q. "The Kids Are Alright" on video is shorter than what I remember seeing in
the theatre. Exactly what is missing and is it available on any video format?

A. Missing is the first ... minutes and ... of "A Quick One While He's Away"
from the Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus as well as..... The only
format that has had the full release was the RCA CED Video Disc # .

Q. Where can I get guitar tabs and Who lyrics?

A. Your best bet is to go to Chris' Who Links (http:\\     ). He always has
the latest pointers to the proper web sites. If it's not listed there it
probably does not exist.

Q. What Who songs available on vinyl have not yet been released on compact disc?

A. The studio version of "Young Man Blues" from "The House That Track Built"
(Track #    ),

Q. Where can I write to Pete Townshend, Jonh Entwistle and Roger Daltrey?

A.

Q. What Who songs have not yet been released in true stereo?

A. Anything that Shel Talmy produced (the "My Generation" LP, "I Can't
Explain," "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere"), "Don't Look Away," "Happy Jack,"
"Pictures of Lily."

Q. How can I subscribe to the magazines "Generations" and "Naked Eye?"

A.

Q. How can I subscribe to the Who mailing list?

A.

Q. Are there any newsgroups devoted to the Who?

A. Alt.music.who.

Q. What was the name of the drummer who filled in when Keith Moon collapsed
at the Cow Palace show in San Francisco in 1973?

A. Scott Halpin.