Re: alt.music.thewho

> From: Bdobd@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 1996 13:02:26 -0400
> Subject: alt.music.thewho
>
> Allright, I know not every provider has Usenet access but geez this mail list
> has got to go.  Right now the newsgroup alt.music.thewho isn't as active as
> this list but I think it's just because not as many people know about it.  If
> we all switched to this form of Whotalk things would go a lot smoother.  On
> my provider you can respond to each individual message (either to the whole
> newsgroup or to the individual), threads are kept separate (Civil War buffs
> and Coke fans can still read their stuff and everyone else can delete it) and
> no extra work is made for anyone who subscribes.
>
> How many people have usenet access?   Doesn't this make sense?

(BTW, it's alt.music.who, not thewho).  At first blush, this appears
to be a good idea, but if you read alt.music.who much you'll notice a
high incidence of clueless newbies, one-post wonders and spam.  If
this mailing list didn't exist, alt.music.who would be the next best
thing to cobble along with, but a mailing list in general seems to
attract a higher level of discourse, and I've found this to be the
case in the present example.  Last time I checked, alt.music.who had
44,000 readers, as opposed to thewho's 500 or so.

Heck, go take a look, see what you think.

- --
Alan McKendree        amck@eden.com        512-478-9900 x206
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701