Re: The Who In August (and 25 Years of Who's Next)

At 7:31 8/1/96, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com wrote:
>From: Brian.Cady@turner.com
>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 06:20:40 -0400
>Subject: The Who In August (and 25 Years of Who's Next)
>
>     20 Years ago this month:
>        The Who begin another short U.S. tour, performing at the Capital
>     Center outside Washington, D.C. on the 3rd and 4th and in Miami on the
>     8th.  The Who then vacation in Miami.  2 days later, Moon is arrested
>     after destroying his room at the Fountainbleu Hotel.  Manager Bill
>     Curbishley, after bailing Moon out, has him committed to the
>     Hollywood, Florida Memorial Hospital for "psychiatric evaluation."
>     Moon is released 3 days later.

Never knew this happened.  Wonder whether is was a subterfuge on
Curbishley's part to bolster an insanity defense in the event of litigation
by the Fountainbleu (1/2 :-)?)

Thanks for posting "this month in history", it's great.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend

From: amck@eden.com (Alan McKendree)