re: Subject: Third Quality Post

Larry, re:

>>WFang: So what is Pete doing now?  Any clue?  Back to England for a few
months?

He took a short vacation and is back in the office...

>>Also, nice comment to the hunchback looking for songs by The WHO about
hunchbacks and you said it did not ring any bells.

Well, I forgot to mention that The Who did perform "Jingle Bells". I have it
on a few boots...

>>  Any clue as to how much fan-mail Pete & John get?

I know Pete receives a lot more than John or Roger, since his business
address has been posted in many different medias and I'm sure it varies
depending on what he's up to for the moment (ie more after the release of a
new album, etc...)

>>  Ah, so JAE did not feel like singing "Heaven & Hell" at Le Bar Bat.
 Thanks for the insights. They are much appreciated.

Oh you're welcome. Although I'm not sure if I'll be posting this sort of
information to the list in the future. I'm not very good at "Balancing On
Wires" (ref to a Roger Daltrey song) so if there's a smigeon (I always liked
that word) of a chance that I might be breaking a rule, I won't post the
information.

>>Also, concerning "our bass-player, Mr. John Entwistle", when I saw him in
1988ish, he was still wearing a black, leather jacket on-stage and to me, was
still a member of the WHO.  Now when, I see him, I think of JAE as a stand
alone
kinda guy, with a distant connection to The WHO.

I agree with that perspective. However, it seems there's been a lot of recent
reconciliation, including John's comments in The Naked Eye. That, and
according to Pete's calander for the next year (which someone I know had a
glance at), it seems at the moment---THE WHO (or "TED") have a big role in it
for both this "Quad" tour AND "Lifehouse"... But... as we know, here by the
sea and sand, nothing ever goes as planned...

>>Lastly, concerning "our bass player, Mr. John Entwistle", did you see Pete
looking over at him during his bass solo's and laughing.  Pete was truly
entertained by JAE finger-work.  John then gives Pete a quick smile, then
back
to the contemptuous look Pete so deservedly gets.  Parts of me wish that Pete
would get a grip whilst watching JAE fingers fly like chopsticks and think,
"Yeah, let's do an album".

Funny that you mention that... I was reading with amusement the new, updated
"Maximum R&B" that I got from Greg at CVC Collectables (thanks Greg!) and I
never knew that Pete had offered to do a NEW Who album in place of doing the
'89 tour. Perhaps something good will come out of all this, besides some
great live renditions of "Quadrophenia"...

- -wf  PS... if anyone has any info on Majordomo software, please e-mail me...