Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V3 #502 (WC)

>>------------------------------
>>
>>From: Jeff Williams <jeffw@mxim.com>
>>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
>>Subject: MCA Q4, Polydor, Pistols

  Anyhow, at the time,
>>rock truly did need refocusing, and after the guy at the record store
>>(Gregg, do you know Joe Sarducci, who worked at a little outfit called
>>Systematic Record Distributors in Berkeley in the early 80s?)

Hey guys,
   It's Joe Carducci. I used to run a record shop in Berkeley in the early
80s (Universal, formerly Music Faucet - berkely's 1st Punk store). Joe's
still VERY active in the Pacific NW as an author.  One of my best friends is
still buddies with Joe =- brought him over the house a year or so ago to
watch Black Sabbath vids! (for you New Wave Collectors, Joe Pope of Angst
fame took over Systematic after Joe).
   This is my 1st post in awhile, must say I don't like the digest. Hey greg
& co., I AM enjoying the civil war thread - my wife is a hard core buff -
may be taking a vacation back east soon just so she can see the
battlefields. Only see 2 myself, bth in misouri - wilson creek & Harteville
(my f-in-law's home town).
  Have a real tough tie swallowing the line about nobody doiong anyting
different since the Who. Guess there was nothing new in all the experimental
bands to come out of the late-60s - early 70s. For the more familiar type
bands, how about Roxy Music? for the hard-core, tell me what The Who had to
do with Soft Machine, Can, Amon Duul II, Pere Ubu, Devo, even such stuff as
King Crimson?
   Looking for folks to trade with. Hey ML, we started a trade a long time
ago - you never got back to me. maybe if i start talking about religion...:)
   best, GaryM