re: Subject: Re: New "Quad"--MCA Piece of <Picard> confirmed!

Brian, re:

>> Okay, this is what I wanted to know.  Now that we have some proof,
     could some sort of action or demand for refunds be presented to MCA?
     What about an organized effort amongst the Who listers?

Unfortunately, I don't ever see (at least in the near future) any kinda
organized effort by this list as a whole. Most of the people here are too
indifferent and don't want to get involved--even if it's made easy for them.
It's a shame, but true. I would guess that you may have 100 people
participate (and I may be generous with the number), but it isn't enough.

Fortunately, the information is now in the right hands. 100 of us won't make
a difference, but pressure by ICE Magazine and the Who camp probably will. My
goal isn't to embarrass anyone, but simply to have the damn thing fixed for
future pressings and with a different catalogue number so people can make a
"wise purchase". Once you get too arrogant or hostile with these people,
lines of communication get closed. I'd rather create an environment where the
fans, the artist and the record company can work together, than be at odds...

Sad to say, but it will cost those of us who have to buy it once again--but
that's life. One point of fact--the record stores, not the record companies
make up the $$$ for defect returns. Go figure...

The other irony of this thing, were those of you who thought the new MCA
sounded great. The old one was <Picard>, and this one was a different kinda
<Picard>, but <Picard> just the same...

BTW, you had your "proof", the moment I posted that this thing was a piece of
<Picard>. :)

- -wf