Re: books and things

Hello list,

A few things:

1)  Mick Noland sent me an e-mail regarding the recent release of the Richard
Barnes book "Maximum R & B", the updated (through 1995) version of the
classic Who book.  He said that it appears the US release has been delayed
and no new date is set as of now.  Thanks Mick.

So - why wait?  CVC carries the imported UK copies now!  Price is only $28
plus shipping.  If you need a copy (and it has an improved binding), please
let me know.  we take credit cards folks.  Contact me at the numbers below.

2)  I have three cats - all gray (as a good Confederate should be) and named
after three of my favorite CS cavalry generals:  Bedford (after Nathan
Bedford Forrest), Mosby (after John S. Mosby - the "Gray Ghost") and Morgan
(after the Kentucky Cavalier John Hunt Morgan).  They all exhibit traits that
their namesakes did too.

3)  I read an interview in Guitar Player a long time ago with Chris Squire.
 They asked him where he got his inspiration as a bassist and he related the
story of going to the Marquee Club to see the Who way back and, unlike
everyone else that stood in front of Roger and Pete, he stood in front of
John to learn his bass technique.  It shows.

Noel Redding of the Jimi Hendrix Experience did similar things - not so much
John's bass playing as his guitar, strings and amps.

4)  Andy - Sorry pal, but North Carolina was NOT the last Southern state to
secede.  The Old North State went out May 20, 1861 (even put the date on
their flag along with the May 20, 1775 date for the Mecklenberg Declaration).
 Tennessee was the last state to secede - June 24, 1861.

That's all for now folks.

Greg Biggs
CVC Collectables
BiggsCVC@aol.com