McVicar and moreSun Dec 7 13:25:10 PST 1997

I dont know about anyone else, but doesn't "Waiting for a Friend" on the McVicar
soundtrack sound classically Who-ey?  There's a rhythmic, and PT style "lead"
guitar, a magnificent twangy JAE bass sound, what must be Kenney on the
drums (i.e lots of rolls) and a great Who vocal.  After seeing the film,
not owning the album, I was even surprised that it wasn't a PT composition.
It's a shame that the album doesn't have a track by track line up.

available here in the UK are: (i.e "In Print)

Dave Marsh: Before I get Old
Richard Barnes: Maximum R & B (new issue with free gluestick)
Chris Welch(?) : The Early Who
A book of Quick One/Sell Out pictures (LP size)
Chris Charlesworth : CD size book "The Who"
Horse's Neck
Before I get Old (guitar tab book, new edition)
and various other music transcription books.

I'm always finding paperbacks in S/H bookshops up and down the country,
so its always worth a look when here.

Tim Glasswell (trg1@ukc.ac.uk)
University of Kent at Canterbury