Re: MST3K Who?

On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Kishel, Carl wrote:

> If anyone has watched Mystery Science Theater 3000 (the sarcastic show on
> Comedy Central with the robots throwing comments in a movie theater) you
> might have noticed an occasional reference to The Who. The episode with
> Kathy Ireland has two (Rough Boys and Tommy) and the newly released
> motion picture version has one about Pete and his hearing. Are there any
> Misties on this list who have noticed other references? One of the
> writers of MST3K has to be a Who fan. If you've never checked the show
> out and want a good laugh you can see it at 2am Sun-Fri and 5pm Saturdays
> or catch the movie now playing.........
>
> CarlK
> ckishel@gateway.opm.com
>
> track records (click) track records (click) track records (click) track
> records (click) track recor

   Yea, I saw just one episode that a friend of mine had on tape.  One of
the scenes in the movie, if memory serves, had some "wild" cave-dwelling
savages, or something like that, jumping around and howling, and one of
the robots said, "People try to put us d-d-down...."  I nearly fell off
the couch laughing.  So I'll bet one of the writers is a Who fan!

                                                     M.M.