Re: OPENING ACT IN NYC

In a message dated 96-04-27 14:23:59 EDT, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
writes:

>Subj:	Re: OPENING ACT IN NYC
>Date:	96-04-27 14:23:59 EDT
>From:	mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
>Sender:	owner-thewho@mpath.com
>To:	thewho@mpath.com
>

>>Good one! I used to be a Who-only fan, too. Only because of Kenney Jones
did
>>I ever venture out into the Small/Faces/Rod Stewart world. I don't know Bob
>>Mould's solo stuff, but I disliked Husker Du. No musicianship, but lots of
>>fan adoration. Why?
>
>Why, you ask? Listen to the lyrics (I will admit that they aren't easily
>understandable),

Hey kids;
I've been  a Mould fan for a brief 7 years...he's a great musician, highly
articulate, a very intelligent and soulful songwriter, and doesn't mince
words when provoked...most of the time.
Give Bob a chance.
    I don't expect his solo show to bludgeon tympanic nerves the way his band
Sugar did, but it will be worthwhile...I would expect PT fans to give Mould a
respectful listen. Hey, we dig Pete because he writes intelligent songs...
BTW, I'm really envious of you folks who do have the good fortune to see both
of these guys on the same night. I'm pay big bucks to see them, if I had the
opportunity.
Keep the faith. Sometimes it's all we've got.
J Stotts