Re: Tommy

>a vinyl copy of Tommy that had a different cover. I think
>I've heard remarks made about it. The picture is a metalic looking silver
>ball on front, and thats about it. I was wondering if there is anything
>special about this release?

That sounds like a promo copy of the album, sans box.  The promo copies have
the pinball ball on both the front of the album cover and on the outer box in
which it was packed.  A small oval sticker (easily removed) stating
"Promotional Copy Not for Sale" on the spine of the outer box was the only
promo indicator.  Without the outer box (and probably without the promo
inserts) the album isn't valuable--just another copy of Tommy.

Mick Noland