Re: OPENING ACT IN NYC

>Good one! I used to be a Who-only fan, too. Only because of Kenney Jones did
>I ever venture out into the Small/Faces/Rod Stewart world. I don't know Bob
>Mould's solo stuff, but I disliked Husker Du. No musicianship, but lots of
>fan adoration. Why?

Why, you ask? Listen to the lyrics (I will admit that they aren't easily
understandable), for one thing. Another would be exactly for that
take-no-prisioners powerdriven bombastic unrelenting rocking...which is also
the case for The Sex Pistols, The Clash, etc. Abandonment is just as
attractive as intent. Sometimes you just have to pick up your guitar and play...

                   Cheers                   ML