Re: Who Boot

>I just came across a Boot from the '79 US tour.  At least part of it was
>recorded at the
>Sept. 16 Madison Square Garden show.  Anyway, it's a 3 LP set, and has
>excellent
>versions of 'Dance Away' and 'Big Boss Man'.  Is anyone else familiar with
>this?

It's variously known as the "Keith Moon Memorial Concert", "Keith Moon Memory
Concert", "Kenny Jones Birthday Concert," (and occasionally less flattering
titles involving the Who's new drummer at the time.)  It is a single show,
complete or nearly so, in the 3 LP version (there are excerpt versions out
there, too.  Beware!)  Sound quality is very good (at least on the copy I
have) and the performance is extraordinary.  Worth having, even at a steep
price.  (And I'm sure it's much steeper than when I picked up my copy!)

Mick Noland