Coolwalking...

In the liner notes (actually it`s an interview of PT ) he says, as a number
of listers have noted, that Let My Love Open the Door had a religious
inspiration although it`s been taken as a playful love song. However, I
think the e.cola (??) remix achieves PT`s intent -  this version has a
meditative, almost new age quality which is most affecting. At the least, it
shows PT`s tremendous range as an artist, as does Street in the City, which
is almost Gershwin-like in its musical and lyrical depth. It`s for these
kinds of reasons that I think George Martin would be a perfect producer and
arranger for the new Who album I wish the boys would do......Gary M.