Boycott The Who in '96

        Here's a little story.  i wasn't going to see the Daltrey show in
     '94.  I thought "Who songs with an orchestra?  Include me out!"  Then
     My Wife surprised me with tickets.  I had already heard that this
     might be Roger's last show on the tour because his voice was having
     problems.  So with very low expectations we trekked off to Chastain
     Park.  Within a few songs into the show, it was apparent that the
     orchestra had been mixed deep into the background, and what was up
     front was one ass-kicking rock band.  Then it started to rain.  While
     the band stayed under the canopy (and the audience huddled under
     umbrellas), Roger stepped out into the rain.  Responding to the
     challenge of the weather and his own vocal problems, he started
     throwing everything he had into the songs and the band responded.
     Then came Quadrophenia.  It was brillant! At the end Roger, now
     drenched and stripped to the waist, was belting out Looooove Raaaaain
     Onnnnnnn Meeeeeeee like his life depended on it.  It was my dream
     concert of Quadrophenia; the way I've always imagined it (and I've
     seen it with The Who with Keith Moon!)

     The point of all this is:  Don't judge Hyde until you hear it.  If
     Pete, Roger and John are just doing this for the money, nothing will
     make it worth it.  If they're playing with fire in their gut, they can
     still put on a rock show better than anything you've ever heard.  You
     won't know until you hear it.