English NewsSun Dec 7 13:25:10 PST 1997

1. Well obviously, you've all heard by now that Pete, Roger and John
are playing at this summer's "Rock Event" in London's Hyde Park, along with
Clapton, Dylan and Alanis Morrissette, on June 29th.  I'm sure somebody
will post the ticket details, but email me if you need them.  Tickets are
on sale generally from this Friday.  P.T and R.D held a press conference
in London yesterday, promoting the event, which included a bit of posing
on some scooters.  "The Premiere of Pete Townshend's Quadrophenia" should
be the highlight, with Zak Starkey on drums.  John was strangely absent
from the "Who re-union" press conference, but I think that he IS playing.
More, and much more later I should think.

2.Tommy is going strong in London. Sold out most days.  Haven't seen it
yet, but the production looks pretty good.

3.The new Maximum R&B book is out.  It's as before, with another "section"
of pictures and a small "1983-95" write up.  I hope the pages stay in.
There are lots of photos from 1989, and even some from the convention.

4.Found the book "The Who in Print" at my local library the other day (well,
actually Cambridge University Library, probably the best library in the
world).  Does anyone know this ?  It has a detailed list of 1000s of
articles, reviews etc.. for Who and solo.  Great

Must go, work to put off.
I assume that us listers will be meeting up in June (?)

Until next week,

Tim Glasswell
Uni. of Kent
Canterbury, UK