more Hyde Park info

I found this on The Who AOL message board, so I can't vouch for its
truth.

"On June 29th, The Who will perform "Quadrophenia" in Hyde Park in
London. At a press conference today Townshend described the production
as "shed" style. There will be special guests, and special effects, but
it's not a full  blown Broadway production. Roger Daltrey was also at
the press conference. Zak Starkey will be playing drums. Bidding is
underway as to who will get the broadcast rights for the show in the
United States.

Also performing at the Hyde Park show on June 29th - Alanis Morisette,
Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton. The show is being sponsored by Mastercard
and mastercard holders can get tickets now til Friday - then they go on
sale for the general public. The number announced was 09 -90226688.
Don't know if it is for Britain only.

They're hoping the event will raise approximately 500,000 British
pounds for the cause. Townshend said the event will be how the band
originally had wanted to prevent (present?) the show. They'll be
incorporating a little bit of staging, special guests, film footage and
slides.

Roger Daltrey compared the upcoming event to a trip to the dentist. Not
looking forward to it, but knows it'll feel good once it is over.

Pete said he and Daltrey will share the singing, with Roger taking the
lion's share."

I can add that Mastercard IS involved.  The photo from Reuters had
RD/PT (no JAE) sitting in front of a wall with Mastercard logos on it.

Bruce