Re: Japanese Super Stars Best Collection CD

Chris Hinkle wrote:

>At  5:28 PM 96.4.22 -0400, Bogie3200@aol.com wrote:
>>I just bought a Japanese Who CD called Super Stars Best Collection...
>>Is anyone familiar with this release?
>
>Those kind of generic greatest hits CDs are pretty common here, but I've
never seen
>that particular release.  In general, the sound quality on them sucks.

Other than the glitch at the start of "Happy Jack", upon sampling this CD its
quality seemed okay, although I didn't have it turned up loud.

And Fang wrote:

>I'm not Erma Bombeck, but... I've got that one... (I think I bought it in
NYC), it's not a
>boot, just a Japanese compilation CD. I think there's some other CD out
there with a
>"chopped" "Happy Jack" -- may be "The Who Collection Volume 1"... That kinda
thing >was common on a lot of CDs...

I'm not a septic tank, but I played my Who Collection Volume 1 and in the
words of Ed McMahon, you are correct, sir!  And as far as I know, MCA is NOT
to blame for this...

Thanks for the info, campers!

Rich B.