Re: The Who Unplugged

To further comment on my previous statement (some of the voices in my head
must be Contrarians), my type of closed-minded thinking is probably precisely
the reason why Pete felt he couldn't explore other musical avenues with The
Who and had to seek refuge, so to speak, in a solo career. IMO, Pete gave too
much away in conceding to what he thought the 'kids' wanted to hear. For fear
of alienating audience, Roger and John, he did what he thought he was
supposed to do: Play Baba O'Riley every night. I think he thinks, in
retrospect, that he should have 'alientated' these ideals, and composed and
performed music on his own terms after 1978. Ultimately, though, we, as fans,
would have missed out on some of the most inspired, soul-tortured music
available.
"Yet I lived your future out by pounding stages like a clown..."

Litgo