Re: The Who Unplugged

>Mark, I'd LOVE to see a Who Unplugged that consisted entirely of new
>material, but in the alternative I'd also be thrilled if their set consisted
>entirely of Who songs spanning their career that were rarely or never played
>live, which could include much of Pete's and even John's solo material.  For
>example, I'd be interested to hear Roger sing "My Size" or Pete sing "Too
>Late The Hero" or maybe Roger and Pete share/swap vocals on "What Are We
>Doing Here?"  I wouldn't want to hear many of the same old songs (hey, what a
>great lyric that'd be) unless the arrangements were very different, along the
>lines of some of the Daltrey Sings Townshend stuff--which I realize you
>didn't really care for, but it seemed more because a full orchestra was used.
> I'd want an Unplugged that would be just our three lads plus presumably a
>drummer (or two?).

Rich:

It's hard for me to disagree with you here, except for one little thing. If
it was a mix of old and new, people would surely say that it's an imitation
of Unledded (UnWhoed). All old music and it's an Unplugged. All new
music...and it's a new album. Which is not to say that they can't do a video
concert (certainly they would) with old and new music on it...but just
release the new stuff on the CD, say I. The complete Siege, for instance.
How's that for a compromise?
I would love to see them do rare tunes like Let's See Action, My Wife,
Sunrise, The Good's Gone, Cry If You Want, My Way, the acoustic version of
Happy Jack, Going Mobile, Dogs...just to name a few.

>Also, Gary M. Gillman asked a very interesting question:  "This would be
>interesting, in
>particular, for JAE - would he care to play his lines on an acoustic bass
>guitar or upright bass?"  Who out there can make an educated guess?

An acoustic upright bass sounds good to me.

                   Cheers                   ML