Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 109

> From: NakedEye10@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 14:05:25 -0400
> Subject: Drums, Casting, Jody, ST:NG, McVicar
>
> McVicar:  No one answered my request for song by song credits on McVicar.  Is
> everyone in the same ignorant boat as I?

In my earlier private message I'd forgotten the gist of this question.
I have the soundtrack vinyl at home, I'll try to remember to send this
in if someone doesn't beat me to it.

> >Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 09:43:04 EDT
> >From: CNMX58A@prodigy.com ( JOHN J SUTTER III)
> >Subject: Who hates Whom?- (Chicago)
> >
> "Amadeus II:  Keith Moon"
>
> Directed by Robert Rodriguez
>
> Axl Rose as Roger Daltrey
> Alec Guinness as John Entwistle

Hm!  I like it!

> Denzel Washington as Pete Townshend

Brilliant choice.

> and
> Ringo Starr as Keith Moon

Wonder whether he has the energy now.

> with
> Yoko Ono as the Devil

BWAH HA HA HA HA...man, I don't get many LOL's at work...thanks.

> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 16:28:09 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Jennifer L. Davies" <jen@nt.net>
> Subject: Re: Jody WHO?
>
> I'm not sure why she was there either.  Morale?

She was there for backup percussion, but I love the euphemism.

;-)

> From: WFang01@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 19:01:08 -0400
> Subject: Re: Drums, Casting, Jody, ST:NG, McVicar
>
> I'm not Siskel or Ebert, but... you're kidding, aren't you? Partick Sewage is
> "barely" an actor (and for me, that's polite--Elmer Fudd could do better). I
> think you're fooled by his British accent and think "that's acting". It's
> not. Steward was a 2 bit actor with about 12 minutes of film time before TNG
> came along, do you think that wasn't for a reason? The truth of the matter
> is, nobody on the show did anything worthwhile. A lot of meaningless dialog
> (as Bernd pointed out "soap opera") but that's it. Do you think a "space"
> show, should be about "meetings" or indepth looks at boring character's lives
> (ad nauseum)??? As for the "quality", that was limited to the "special
> effects". [snip]

Have you noticed that your nearly-random use "of" double quotation
marks increases "under" stress?  Reminds me of Captain Queeg's
marbles.

> Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 23:48:16 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Lev Polinsky <polinsky@husc.harvard.edu>
> >
> Note 1:  The reason PS had 12 minutes of film time was that he was a
> theatre actor.  You know, the kind who can't mess up 20 times...

Good point.

--
Alan McKendree
"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I*