Re: Othello

>>>If Laurence Fishburne can play Othello, why not Michael Dorn as John?  :)
>>Othello is black.

>I'm not John Singleton, but... maybe the orginal poster's point was that
neither Larry
>Fishburne or Michael Dorn are white and since Othello was black, John
Entwistle
>should be black?

I have three other theories about the original poster's meaning:

1)  Mr. Fishburne demonstrated conclusively that a black actor can do quite
well in a complex role, so Mr. Dorn should be able to effectively tackle all
the nuances of playing Mr. Entwistle (a role which would require
communicative facial expressions more than speaking).  Or...

2.  John famous for writing rock songs that embody "black humor," so why not
have a Black actor portray him?

3.  Most people looked at John least when The Who performed, so this quirky
casting decision would make sure that the fictional John isn't ignored by
moviegoers.

Rich B.

NP:  "Cats In The Cupboard"