Re: Daltrey Sings Townshend

>What's next, a Daltrey Does Townshend Reggae tour? He has become an Oldies
artist, while Pete continues to make new and vital music. <

I think it's only fair to add to the above:  and Pete hasn't shared that new
and vital music with Roger, his long-time "voice."

On at least three different occasions since '89, Roger announced that Pete
was going to write songs for him to do on a solo album.  Okay, we know Pete's
plans don't always come through, but Daltrey appeared to sincerely believe in
this one.

Roger is singing the music he loves and sings best.  It's not his fault
they're oldies--he doens't have access to anything else.  While his solo
material is okay to good, there hasn't been a real "Roger Daltrey" song since
"Under A Raging Moon."  Obviously, it isn't easy to find another perfect
match composer--and not likely he will.  Not all of Pete's solo material is
suitable for RD, but some is.

I'm much rather hear Daltrey Sings Townshend than nobody sings Townshend.
 (Except for Pete's own rare appearances.)

Mick Noland