Re: Star Trek

At  7:01 PM 96.4.18 -0400, WFang01@aol.com wrote:

>I'm not Siskel or Ebert, but... you're kidding, aren't you? Partick Sewage is
>"barely" an actor...

Hmmm, do I dare enter this fray and risk being called a hypocrite again, or
worse yet - a woman?  Ah, what the hell, oops, I mean Bashir, oh fuck it.

Anyway, I gotta disagree with ya on this one Richie.  Sure, the first two
seasons of Next Gen were lame, and Wesley should have been taken out and
maimed, but Stewart is a really good actor.  Sure, Next Gen had a lot of
inconsistancies, but what show doesn't after seven years?

The best episodes of Next Gen are easily as good, if not better, that the
best of the original show, which certainly had some turkeys in its time.
And as for acting, Shatner is the pits!  Any Star Trek fan who wants a
laugh should read his biography, "Captain Quirk".  It's a riot!  As a young
thespian in Canada he actually had aspirations of becoming the next
Olivier!

Disclaimer: I am not discussing DS9 or Voyager, with which I am less than
thrilled.

Why so vitriolic toward Next Gen?

Chris
http://www.trn.or.jp:80/~chris/