Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 107

At 3:45 4/17/96, The Who Mailing List wrote:
>From: salamander@MADNET.COM
>Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 16:54:42 -0500
>Subject: The Highly Successful Sound of Radio Londo

Wow, you and I should get together and listen to music.

>1. Whoever that guy is who sings that 'love hurts' song that just goes
>on and on and has such an annoying voice I just want to RIP THE RADIO
>RIGHT OUT OF THE CAR AND BEAT MYSELF TO DEATH WITH IT SO I NEVER HAVE TO
>HEAR THAT SONG AGAIN AND THEY PLAY IT ALL THE TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

"I'm young.  I know.  But ee.  Ven so."  :-)  Horrible.  And I have your
same reaction to Michael MacCambridge?'s voice, that sings the Doobie
Brothers' "What a Fool Believes".  There's something about his voice that
sounds like it's up in his soft palate like a dog howling and makes me dive
for the channel buttons, it's worse than screeching chalk.

>2. The Rolling Stones, except for "Sympathy for the Devil", which is the
>only Stones song that I like at all, mostly 'cause of the backup vocals.
>WHOO WHOO! Call me young and stupid, but I just don't like the Rolling
>Stones.

Sympathy is one of the few Stones songs I really _like_ hearing every time.

>Ah...as for bands I'd like to hear more of...only the Who, man!

You know, I trust, that at one time there was a button commercially
available that said "ONLY THE WHO"?

On a different topic:  Favorite Roger songs:  "Under a Raging Moon" and
"Unforgettable Opera".

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend