Re: Drums, Casting, Jody, ST:NG, McVicar

NE10, re:

>ST:NG for Expletives:  You're certainly entitled to your opinion, Fang, but
>think Patrick Stewart is twenty times the actor and ten times the captain
>that Shatner/Kirk ever was.  From the third season on (yes, the first two
>seasons were consistently lame) ST:NG was one of the highest quality shows
on
>the air.  While occasionally prone to oversoapyness or social
prostheletising
>(sp?), it consistently demonstrated intelligence, depth, and substance.  I
>vote for using the real damn/fucking words.  That's my two cents.

I'm not Siskel or Ebert, but... you're kidding, aren't you? Partick Sewage is
"barely" an actor (and for me, that's polite--Elmer Fudd could do better). I
think you're fooled by his British accent and think "that's acting". It's
not. Steward was a 2 bit actor with about 12 minutes of film time before TNG
came along, do you think that wasn't for a reason? The truth of the matter
is, nobody on the show did anything worthwhile. A lot of meaningless dialog
(as Bernd pointed out "soap opera") but that's it. Do you think a "space"
show, should be about "meetings" or indepth looks at boring character's lives
(ad nauseum)??? As for the "quality", that was limited to the "special
effects". Most of the stories were poorly written trash and edited and
directed so badly that in many cases, the show just ended ("Gee, we ran out
of time???") As for "intellegence and substance", let's pick an episode...
"Darmok"??? Most TNG fans thought it "...was so wonderful, creative,
intelligent, etc..." hMMM... gee what a great show... the viewer knows
exactly what's going on, but the silly bald captain, doesn't have a clue.
And, how 'bout that Paul Winfield, dressed up as a giant pigman? Or, did you
notice capt Picklehead had time to change his uniform several times? (Nice
introduction of the "blue shirt", hMMM???) I won't even bother to go into an
explantion as to why the "metaphore" language makes no sense.

As for action, the most action I ever saw on that show, was capt Piqueer
tugging at his uniform or pointing at Wesley's behind saying "engage" (btw,
why was Wesley's zipper in the back???)

Humor? hMMM... how 'bout that blue guy that comes from an "all bald planet"
yet he's a barber? Now that's pretty funny! It was even funnier when Pickhard
got his hair (as in one hair) cut...

No, this "show" was not intelligent, well written, well acted or anything
remotely close. It was however a good money maker for the former Gene
Rodentbury, who wouldn't have known what to do with the original show if he
wasn't bailed out shortly after the series began...

So... there you have it...

-wf