Re: Moon Movie

>Hey Rich,
>
>        I didn't think having Jim Carrey play Moon was a completely bad
>idea, and I'm sorry if I appeared to be putting your suggestion down.
>Carrey was the first actor I thought of when I read the Daily News article.
>However, he hasn't proven himself in dramatic roles yet, and the world
>knows him as Ace Ventura.  In that sense, I think he's a little too
>one-dimensional to play Moon.  In addition, Carrey would really have to get
>the British accent down, and even if he did, somehow it would be rather
>weird.
>
>Stacey

Not to worry, I wasn't bothered by your comments, and I hope mine weren't
taken too seriously.  You're correct about Carrey not being known for
dramatic roles.  Bill Murray and Michael Keaton (and maybe Steve Martin) are
among the few comedians that half-succeeded at making this kind of switch,
but there's no indication that Carrey could pull it off, plus as you point
out, he'd have to learn that accent (hopefully without Kevin Costner's
coaching).  Still, he'd definitely be able to pull off one part of the movie:
 Approaching the High Numbers with ginger hair and clothes.

If people aren't able to come up with many suggestions for young Englishmen
to play Keith, then surely somebody must know of someone in a young British
band--not necessarily a drummer--who might sufficiently resemble Keith.  (I'm
thinking here of how Sting was tapped to play a key role in the Quad movie).

Rich B.