Dick Dale and The Deltone Who

In my 31 years of Who fandom, I've never heard or read a reference
concerning Dick Dale's influence on Pete Townshend. Pete has credited
various pop and rockabilly guitarists, but never Dick Dale. Not to say Pete
didn't hear and learn.
On the other hand, Jimi Hendrix has specifically said that Dick Dale had a
profound influence on his playing. After seeing Dale in a Los Angeles club
one night in the early-sixties, guitar-playing future as we know it began.