Jim Carrey as Keith Moon

>As for Jim Carrey doing Keith Moon, I don't know if that was supposed to be
a joke or
>not, but I cannot imagine him doing it.
>
>I'm no Gina Lolabridgida but I wonder if he could do Keith justice?  I
suppose there
>were doubts about Tom Cruise doing certain roles but...well it's just IMHO.
 Carrey
>was good in Peggy Sue got Married, and when he was Fire Marshall Bill on In
Living
>Color... -Lynn

When I first typed his name as my casting recommendation, I wasn't
particularly serious; my main point was that a well-known and "hot"star would
draw a lot of attention to the movie (versus an unknown at the time like
Sting, and the failure of the Quad movie to get much notice, except
critically).  But upon reflection, he's one of the few younger performers who
has the energy level necessary to portray Moon.  Maybe Robin Williams
could've around 1980, but is too old now to play a mid-20s Keith.

So I guess you could say I ended up being half-serious about suggesting him.
 I wonder if this idea has gotten back to him??!!

Rich