Rocks In The Head

>You mentioned "most of Rocks in the Head" as being classic solo Rog.  I
admit I've
>never bought any of Daltrey's solo stuff, yet I see "Rocks in the Head" all
the time in
>the cut-out bargain bins, sometimes for as little as $1.99.  Worth getting,
then?

>Marshall

Yes, especially for only $1.99!  I didn't care much for "Can't Wait To See
The Movie" so my expectations weren't high when "Rocks In The Head" was
released.  Maybe working with one songwriter instead of many made the
difference.  Not counting Rog's couple of greatest hits compilations,
song-for-song it may be my favorite among his albums.  Or at least it ranks
right up there, IMHO, with "McVicar" and "Under A Raging Moon."  His pre-McV
LPs definitely have some strong material, but I find each to be uneven taken
as a whole (just as I do "Parting Should Be Painless").  And as I'd
mentioned, I don't quite consider "Daltrey Sings Townshend" to be a solo
album...

Rich B.

NP:  "Oceans Away"