MCA...Fools Paradise.

>Apparently, they feel they've been "burnt" by "hard core fans" (not just Who
>fans) bad advice in the past and... ...they haven't heard enough "noise" from
>them to warrant any changes (for now...)

WF:

I'm not Shakespeare...but I may be "shakin' all over" (with anger).
Exactly WHAT bad advice was it that burnt MCA in the past? I can't imagine a
more stumbling group of record execs than those guys as it is (MAGIC BUS,
THE WHO IN CONCERT indeed...that was no one's advice but their own)!
Let's see now...people (Who fans and otherwise) have been clamoring for a
`69 live TOMMY since...well, `69. That isn't enough for them? They've denied
the release for many reasons in the past (wrecking the sales of other
versions...and who wanted an `89 version over a `69 version anyway???
Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!), or the latest release...and other complete BS
reasons. Boy, they'll give us anything BUT a live TOMMY from `69!
A combination of performances is just plain wrong for something like TOMMY
live...is this the same logic they used in combining live and studio
performances on the boxed set? Is it the same logic used to decide to
include the live version of Substitute out of sequence on the same? Or run
the songs together so some of each is lost?
Those bloody fools...they get everything wrong. Everything! How does one get
a job at MCA anyway...fail an intelligence test? Get washed out at College?
Have their biggest claim to fame be the head of the Bay City Rollers fan
club? A collection of Shelephants on their mantle, perhaps? BuKKKanan
supporters, maybe?
They must be the least savvy of any record company on the entire planet.
They turned down The Beatles, too. Do they get to look out their windows, to
get a glimpse of the real world, or are they living in a cellar (`cause
they're certainly in the dark)? Are they related to Perot (as in his aunt,
down there in the cellar)?
Gad, what fools these morons be...

                   Cheers                   ML