Re: German Apple Scrumplings

Tom, Re:

> Courtesy of six years of useless German classes in high school and
> college, I do know, however, that the German word for "money" is "geld,
> " not "gelt,"  as in "Ich habe kein geld" ("I have no money")... a line
> to use on any date with a gullible and well-financed Fraulein.

You are right, "money" = "Geld" in modern German.  But as Mick pointed out
correctly, "money" = "gelt" in Yiddish.  However, keeping in mind that German
is the main `ingredience' in Yiddish language, both words are the same anyway...

> 	The line "Ich habe ein grosse Schwanz" (loosely translated:  "I have a
                         einen grossen

> big <Worf>") also stirs the typical Fraulein's hormones into a seething
> Tuetonic froth... although I'm not sure how "<Worf>" translates into
> German.  ;-)

Usually, "Schwanz" = "tail".  But under these circumstances, you are right...

Bernd