Pete on tour

I did not see any of the 1993 Psychoderelict shows live, unfortunately. I
did see a pay per view broadcast of one of these shows, but no longer recall
which one it was. I must be honest and say it disappointed me, largely
because Pete`s voice was way off its normal standard: it sounded like he had
a bad cold. He partly made up for it with an energetic performance. I liked
the Who material he did during this show more than Psychoderelict, a lot
more. I wish Pete would put out an album of, say, 60`s standards (by other
bands); or a flamenco-inspired instrumental acoustic album (yes!); or a
simple collection of unrelated songs. He should leave the concept approach
alone for a while. His great musicality has tended to be obscured under the
weight of these increasingly complex concept/stage creations, and of course
he has chosen to carry them off since the early 80`s without the assistance
of Rog and JAE - a strategic error in my view.....Gary M.