Re: QUAD Live

I think a lot of what made "Quadrophenia" "uninspiring" to young rock
audiences in America was the change in the audience makeup.  Think about it.
 On previous tours, when they weren't so popular, The Who toured smaller
venues.  Die hard fans who knew what the band was all about were the people
going to the shows...When the success of "Tommy" and later "Who's Next" hit,
their fan base increased dramatically.  The Who were so popular that the '74
tour (I believe) was done primarily in large arenas/stadiums.  The average
age of a fan at a Who concert was probably a lot younger, now, too.  And as
someone mentioned earlier, they just wanted to "ROCK", not hear a story...

Just thinkin'

Dan Senesky