Re: Pete on tour

On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, Kent Compton wrote:

> Did anyone see Pete when he toured in 1993 (the Psychoderelict tour)?
>
> I saw the show in Chicago but had pretty crappy seats.  It was his first
> concert of the tour and you could tell he was bit nervous.  Unfortunately, too
> many fans were screaming out "Baba O'Riley" so much to my chagrin Who songs
> dominated the two sets.

I saw Pete at the first show of the tour at Massey Hall in Toronto, and
was quite pleased, especially with the acoustic A Quick One and the
Cobwebs & Strange lead off.

> Am I the only one who realizes how many great songs he's had "outside" of the
> band (tongue in cheek)?  I'd give anything to see him with just a six string
> sitting up on stage.  How about an MTV unplugged?  I would kill (atleast hurt
> a little) for that.

At this point, Unplugged(TM) is a bit overdone, when you get bands like
Kiss and Hole doing it, it loses it's relevance.  I also think that if
Pete did do it, it would probably suffer a similar fate as Paul
McCartney's Unplugged.  I'd be happy to see a CD of the policeman's ball,
or a release from his upcoming House of Blues show, and skip the
Unplugged(TM) thing.  I can see it now, an unplugged reunion with Roger
called "Who's Unplugged?".

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend