Political Animals (no Who content)

>     The problem I have with what Gore's wife did is that it applies pressure
>on the Record companies.  This pressure WILL trickle right on down to the
>Artists who write/record the music, affecting their product.  As a member of a
>"free society", I say WHO NEEDS THAT?!

Gary:

True, but it's still better than having a law. In politics, everything is a
compromise. I vote for the lessor of two evils, myself. My platform, if it
existed, would have all Welfare folk working (cleaning streets and painting
buildings, if nothing else) or they get nothing, prisoners working, paid
education through college (much as it is in Britian), the elimination of a
LOT of laws now on the books, the legalization and taxation of marijuana
(which would eliminate the deficit within 10 years), etc etc...as Hunter S.
Thompson once said, "It's a grand dream..."
But when it comes down to it, I still have to go with the guys who are
closest to my own views.

>This pressure WILL trickle right on down to the
>Artists who write/record the music, affecting their product.

It seems not to have had that effect so far. There is certainly more of
"that" out there now than ever before. I know; I've got a lot of it here in
my store!

>     What really burns my balls is that Those Sons Of Bitches Who Make The
>Laws spew forth and say they are doing it "on behalf of the children."

I would have to echo Stern here: Do we have to have a society on the 3rd
grade level just to save the children? No, parents must take responsibility
for their children...I'm doing that with my 13 year-old daughter. I cannot
make others do it (nor can the government), but I do my part.
I agree that people expect the government to do their work for them, and
it's wrong. I certainly don't like the lawmakers dictating their morals on
me. That's what it comes down to: one party (who shall remain nameless)
forces their morals on us by making them into laws, and the other allows us
to be free (even if they do force recordmakers to put on labels...there's no
such thing as too much information...and besides, record makers were NOT
forced to put on the labels...it was voluntary).

>THINK:  THE ONLY WASTED VOTE IS WHEN YOU VOTE FOR THE WRONG GUY;
>        VOTE LIBERTARIAN!

I might, if there was any chance for victory (and assuming that they don't
still want to do away with the Public Schools, which I think would be a BIG
mistake). Alas...

                   Cheers                   ML