APRIL IN WHOSTORY

     I didn't die before I got old, but...
     Here's something from a project I'm working on:

     10 years ago this month:
     Roger's single "Quicksilver Lightning," the theme song to the movie
     "Quicksilver," is released in the U.S.
     Pete's single "Give Blood," the 3rd off his "White City" LP is
     released.

     15 years ago this month:
     The "Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea" LP, featuring live
     performances by The Who, is released in Britain on the 3rd.
     The Who's "Face Dances" LP hits the U.S. Top Forty on the 4th.
     Kit Lambert, former manager/producer of The Who, dies on the 7th after
     a fall down the stairs at his mother's house.  He had been living
     there as a ward of the court.

     20 years ago this month:
     A concert by The Who at the Boston Garden, which had been abandoned on
     March 9th after Moon collapsed on stage, is finally held on the 1st.
     The Patti Smith Group perform their punk-rock version of "My
     Generation" on "Saturday Night Live" on the 17th.

     25 years ago this month:
     The "Who's Next" version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" is recorded at
     Stargroves.
     The Who are recorded in concert at the Young Vic Theatre, London on
     the 26th.

     30 years ago this month:
     Shel Talmy gets an injunction preventing The Who from further
     recording until their contract dispute is settled.  Pete and Who
     manager Chris Stamp fly to New York to meet with Talmy's attorney
     Allan Klein who is using the meeting to make his bid to take over The
     Who.  Pete and Stamp, however, take an instant disliking to Klein's
     appearance and brusque manner and Pete ultimately writes a song about
     the encounter called "Lazy Fat People."
     The Who begin a headlining tour of Britain on the 14th supported by
     The Spencer Davis Group, Mike Sarne and The Band Of Angels.
     "The Who Sings My Generation" LP is released in the U.S.
     A film of The Who miming to "My Generation" and "Substitute" is aired
     on the U.S. TV show "Where The Action Is" (ABC)