Re: who humor; misunderstood lyrics; muzak

Mark, re:

>>> A lot of bands that I've liked became popular two or thre albums down the
line (XTC was one), and it doesn't diminish their music at all...

        I got into XTC in '79, when "drums + wires" came out... loved it!
Loved "Black Sea" & absolutely LOVED "English Settlement"!  Then "Mummer"
came out.  That one took me awhile to get into.  "The Big Express" was another
notch down (for me).  And "Skylarking" was not one of my favorites, either --
all 3 albums after "English Settlement" kinda left me wondering what happened
to the band I really loved.  And then along came "Oranges & Lemons"!  I loved
it and still do!

                gary m.