Re: who humor; misunderstood lyrics; muzak

>I always wonder why it is that when music/artists that I like get wildly
>popular, I kind of stop being so excited about them.  I must be a snob.
>Luckily, I never thought the Who got wildly popular.  I'm one of those
>"yeah, I liked their early stuff" kind of people.  One time a group of
>us were sitting around thinking, hmmm, is there anyone who we can say
>"yeah, I liked their later stuff" better....I think we only came up with
>Pink Floyd.

Trish:

I always hated that too. To me it's a matter of whether the music is good,
not how popular a band is. A lot of bands that I've liked became popular two
or thre albums down the line (XTC was one), and it doesn't diminish their
music at all...

                   Cheers                   ML