Re: JAE and Star Trek Connection...

>Don't you think he gets asked the same questions over and over and over...

Fang, you're definitely right--I haven't seen/heard too many interviews of
John, but there is AT LEAST one question he always seems to be asked, and
he's never seemed happy to answer it:  Which earlier bass players influenced
you?

I don't fault interviewers or fans for bringing up the same questions time
and time again, but I welcome novel questions as much as John probably does
(as long as those questions aren't 100% stupid or completely off the wall).
 Heck, Pete has the reputation of being one of Rock's best interviewees
undoubtedly in part because he gives long and interesting answers that often
go off on tangents far removed from simplistic questions, which in turn
encourages more interesting follow-up questions...

>For some of you who don't know... "Star Trek" is one of JAE's favorite
shows.

This was brand new information to me, and now I think those of us on this
list who enjoy both The Who and the various Trek incarnations ought to lobby
Rick Berman et al for an appearance by JAE on one of the two current shows.
 After all, didn't Mick Fleetwood appear on TNG?  My vote would be to have
JAE sitting at Quark's bar on DS9, next to "Morn" which would be appropriate
since JAE also identified Cheers as one of his favorites.  The makeup artists
could turn John into a 'person' from some kind of arachnid race.  Whether on
DS9 or Voyager, JAE could make a great alien by using that "Summertime
Blues"/"what's for tea" voice of his!  It's high time that JAE makes his mark
on the silver screen like his mates Roger and Moonie!!

Rich B.

NP:  Moon singing "When I'm Sixty-Four"