Re: Worst opening acts

I think that it was also Blackfoot that opened for The Who in Ames, IA in
April of
1980.  I also didn't think that they were any good.  I enjoyed the music
from Little Feat that played on the PA at the beginning, middle, and end of
the show much more!

Also, Boulder, CO in October 1982 featured this triple bill: John Cougar Mellen-
camp, Jethro Tull, and The Who.  We purposely missed Mellencamp, and even
though Tull was okay, we were really there to see The Who!

And finally, in 1989 in Kansas City, NOBODY opened for The Who, which was
the best opening act IMHO!

Dave Hughes

Nebraska Public Radio