this and that.....

I know this took a while, and I'm not Sylvester Stallone...but Machine Gun
Joe Biturbo was portrayed by him in one of my favorite cult classics, "Death
Race 2000".  Do I get my 10 points now, fang???

My favorites after The Who:

Sister Double Happiness
Cheap Trick
Led Zeppelin

Worst opening acts I saw with the Who:

Loverboy and John Cougar-San Diego 1982
The Law - Washington,DC 1976

I thought the only band worthy of opening for them in 1982 was the Clash, and
when they announced them as the opener, I was shocked.  Unfortunately, they
only opened in the major markets.  Thus Loverboy & John Cougar in San Diego,
and Phoenix.  The Who played two dates in Oakland, CA with The Dead, and the
rumor I read somewhere was that they were to be the headliners...until Pete
graciously allowed the Dead to close the second day because they were on
their home turf.  I also saw this double bill in the Book of Rock Lists as
one of the Most Unusual Double Bills...another was Jimi Hendrix opening for
TheMonkees!!!!