Pete's Studio Guitar(s)Sun Dec 7 13:25:10 PST 1997

With all this talk about Pete's live rig a timely article appears in the
5/96 edition of Guitar World titled The Dirty Dozen. It's a guide to the
12 greatest guitar sounds of all time with a feature on page 79 decribing
Pete's studio setup for Who's Next. The article talks about his main
setup being a 1957 Gretsch 6120 guitar and a late 50's Fender amp given
by Joe Walsh. I think this guitar can be seen in the opening of Give
Blood from the White City video. Anyone know for sure? The picture w/ the
article shows Pete with a 12 string Fender electric. The article also
mentions that this setup was used on Quad. I think I can also hear this
setup on WhoRU, and Its Hard but Face Dances and Who by Numbers sound
like a totally different setup. Again, anyone know for sure? Maybe a Tele
and Rick on Face Dances, Empty Glass, and PsychoD?????

CarlK
ckishel@gateway.opm.com

ps: concerning famous people and The Who, didn't Daltrey do something
with Bryan Adams?

track records (click) track records (click) track records (click) track
records (click) track records (click)