Re: Quad in Hyde Parl

Dave, re:

>I'm just wondering why the Who would reunite for a one-off gig in Hyde Park
of all places, and why Quadrophenia.  Yes, I know the reissue will probably
be coming out around that time..   I have to imagine that if this does
happen, there'll be some kind of PPV simulcast.

I'm not a skwewy wabbit, but... It's related to the "Princes Trust Fund Gala"
and it should be on PPV as well... The only "turn-off" that I find is the
"guest star" aspect that kinda ruins an important event... Can you imagine
someone as vocally repugnant as Nina Simone singing "Love Reign O'er Me"???

As for "Quadrophenia"... Personally, I think it's long overdue. While a
favorite amongst most Who fans, I don't think it ever got the kinda
recognition it deserved. With it's new reissue and talk of Pete bringing it
to the stage, the timing couldn't be better...

-wf