Re: Lifehouse/Rush

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Chris Hinkle wrote:

> Shane,
> Re:
> >I'm not Bytor, nor am I the Snow Dog, but in their early days Rush did
> >Zep, Who & Cream covers.
>
> Really?  What Who songs did they cover?  I'm not Ayn Rand, but I think Ged
> is one of the few bassists that can hold a candle to John (and Neil to
> Keith).

I'm not Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire.  I don't own a mansion und a yacht. I
don't know what songs they played, but that's what one of them said they
were doing before they met up with Neil while they were still in high
school.  It was in a Rush biography that came out around the time of Hold
Your Fire, and was written by their biggest fan.  (the books at a friend's
place) I think it also says something to the same effect in the Rush
Chronicles liner notes, but I've never heard any of these songs on tape.
By the time anyone would have shown enough interest in Rush to bootleg
shows, I would imagine they were doing mostly their own material.

I'd definitely agree that the rhythm section from Rush is in the same
league as the Who's, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that
they have the same '3 instruments competing for lead' sort of style that
the Who had (though not quite as strong).

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend