Re: Lifehouse/Rush

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Chris Hinkle wrote:

> I'm not Neil Peart (who wrote the lyrics to 2112) but I was a Rush fan way
> before I was a Who fan, and I'd be really surprised to hear that he was
> influenced by Lifehouse, because I've never heard Neil, Alex or Geddy ever
> mention The Who before.  Any other Rush fans out there?  If so, check out
> this URL:
>         http://syrinx.umd.edu/rush.html

I'm not Bytor, nor am I the Snow Dog, but in their early days Rush did
Zep, Who & Cream covers.  I always saw Rush's operatic stuff as material Led
Zeppelin might do, but at an intelligence level closer to Pete's.

You want to talk abou tvolume at Syrinx???  I wsa subscribed to their
list-server for about 3 days (250 messaegs).  Lots of Rush fans with lots
to say out there!

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend