Re: John on guitar?

   Sorry to reply so late on this, but I wanted to wait until after I was home
this weekend, and could check the picture in question to confirm my suspicion.
What John has there is a Fender Bass VI, a six-string bass.  Actually, my
understanding is that the octave range of the Bass VI falls directly in
between that of a guitar and a bass.  Now, I've never actually seen John
using one of these, besides in this photo shoot, where they're very obviously
not playing, but I can easily imagine this being something he'd have in his
collection.

                                                      M.M.