Re: Random thoughts...

>2) Regarding the discussion of PT's equipment changes - what set up did
everyone
>like best?  I know there is a lot of sentiment towards his SG playing;
>personally, I think his Les Paul power chord sound of '73-mid '79 suited his
>playing style best (the SG sound is too trebly for the power chord, IMHO).

I'd say it's the other way around. The sound from the Charleton '74 show
demonstrates the thin, trebly Les Paul. I LOVE the SG/HiWatt sound best.
Those nasty, scary solos and screeching he got in '69-'70 are IT for me. The
Les Paul is basically an SG with a thick layer of maple glued to the body
which gives it more sustain. Still, Pete really sounded great no matter what
he was playing, at least since the dawn of his SG era. He always said he
chose the guitars to match the amp anyway.

>3) The other top 3 Aimee Mann/'til tuesday (how's that for off the Board!)

Aimee makes the best records I've heard in YEARS! Every damn thing is head
and shoulders above the rest.